You may have noticed a change in the appearance of your myWindsock charts. I hope you like the change. The new chart system is far more flexible than the previous version allowing for new and exciting functionality that I will give detail on soon.
With any major change like this I am expecting there to be gremlins to iron out. If you spot something please let me know.
Some features of the new charts you can enjoy right now:
- Zooming: Drag or use the Zoom buttons to get closer detail to sections of a forecast.
- Smoothing & Sampling: For speed and clarity you can now change the smoothing of charts
- New chart ‘Ground Speed Distribution‘
- Wind Lines now illuminate the elevation chart for improved context
- Route reversal, any route can now be reversed
- New metrics including Total Rainfall
The new chart system allows greater interactivity and with this the possibility for improved forecasting. Stay tuned for the next big update.