Let’s plan tomorrow’s KOM attempt together. Just as I would for a cycling time trial, I am using myWindsock.com to plan and predict my time. Tomorrow I will follow the plan and see how close I can get to the prediction!
In this video I:
- Pick the fastest time of day. Changing the time of day alters the predicted time. I gain a few seconds by waiting an hour.
- Discover the power I will need to break the current KOM. I estimate that I’d need around 340 Watts to be close to the current KOM.
- Predict my time using my expected power values. Entering my anticipated wattage for my attempt at 360 Watts. This beats the current KOM by 30 seconds.
- Add junctions into the plan. Two right hand turns means I will have to give way. I am optimistic for no hold ups at the junctions and lose just a few seconds.
- Adjust the finishing power for a final big effort to the line. 500 Watts at the finish takes 11 seconds off my time.
My predicted time and target for tomorrow 8:23. Let’s see tomorrow if I can do it!
Predict your time on Strava Segments. Start here